Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BAER Test

HOME LIFE:
The Bear's BAER TEST:

So the Bear had his BAER test. It is essentially an EEG, where they hook up electrodes to his head and click sounds in one ear at a time, while he is sleeping and record the brain stem activity. Of course they will find no problem, but I can tell you watching your little baby on a big old hospital cart hooked up to electrodes is not my idea of a good time. I paced throughout the entire test. Made me want to cry, even though I know there is nothing wrong with him.

God, the moment they cut him out of my womb, was the moment my heart started beating outside of my chest and one day will walk around independent of me. Sometimes I am just overwhelmed by how amazing it is.

Being there made me realize how lucky we are to have him so perfect. Children's is a place where miracles happen everyday! That should be their motto: Children's: where miracles happen everyday.

He performed well, in that he had no problem getting to sleep, and staying asleep during the test. He was such a trooper. Didn't even know that it happened.

They said it would take a week to get the results, so as soon as I know, you'll know when I post!

After his test, I went to the doc and finally got drugs for my sinus infection. They gave me codeine with cough syrup, so I could sleep and Stephen could too. My coughing was keeping everyone up. I finally finished my z-pack. The green has disappeared and now I blow clear stuff... soon I hope to dry up all together.

Sally's on Vacation:
So Sally went on vacation to California, mainly to see her Aunt's, although, Michael's wedding is the excuse. It was very nice of Uncle Mel to use his frequent flier miles for tickets for her and Aunt Joan. I wonder though, how come he had enough frequent flier miles to afford two round trip tickets from Buffalo to San Fransisco, and could go to Tahiti, Hawaii, an Alaskan Cruise, and a Northeastern Cruise, but couldn't afford to come to Buffalo to attend his father's funeral?

Maybe, even though I work in an aspect of financial planning through my estates and trusts work, I don't understand finances? Can someone clear this up for me?

So, since Sally is on vacation, we found this nice young mother to watch Alex for the week. She is bringing her 10 month old daughter with her, which will be nice for Alex to learn how to share. Maybe he will learn to roll, or crawl, or do something other than be a lazy lumberjack!! :)

Our finances aren't the best, but when your babysitter pay, isn't much to you, but means the world to your babysitter, you know you are lucky! Chrissy is very nice, and she loves kids, so that is good! Her daughter Livvie is cute! She is a good mom, so I don't worry about Alex. Ok, yes, I do worry, but I worry with my own mother... so... I worry. Sue me, I am a mom!

JOB NEWS:

Cross your fingers. Stephen has his second interview today! I hope this works out for him... (and me)! He is so talented and a better attorney than I am. I am very cerebral as you all know. Stephen is very practical and pragmatic, much more client oriented than I am. Plus my practice area has become boring to me... gasp... like you are all shocked.

How do I remain fresh? Any one have any suggestions?

No comments: